Christmas in Tuaranga and New Years in Gisborne


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, its that time of year, holiday time that is. A time to spend with friends and family, which is always difficult for the lone traveller as the family is back at home which the holiday season painfuly reminds them of. Fortunetly I have the friends. I had decided early on to come back to Tauranga for Christmas as some of my good friends, Pauliene, Jen, Jenna, Maria, Karen, Emily and last but certainly not least Toby wouldbe there. I was nothing like Christmas at home, but after we stopped trying to make it like what we were missing we had a very nice Christmas indeed. On Christmas Eve we drank vine and ate a stew that I made with dumplings (did you know that shortening over here is made from lard, the dumplings were kind of gross, but the stew was good). We all woke up Christams day feeling a little bit depressed, as none of us had any presents to open, but soon got into the holiday spirit as we began to cook the evening meal and decorate the dining room. We borrowed plastic plants from the living room and decorated them with tinsil, put on holiday music, and drank lots more wine. It was was afternoon/evening filled with singing carols, good food and even better company. Personally I think it was the best possible Christmas I could have had away rom home.
Oh yes the food. For Christmas dinner we had a turkey, a ham, stuffing, mashed potatos, gravey, carrotts, kumara, cranberry sauce, broccolli, buns and chocolait covered strawberries for dessert. Me and two other girls from Canada, Jen and Alisha were trhe main cooks in our little venture. So the first Chrstmas where AI actually cooked, I had to cook for 10 people. I was known as Capitain vegitable (as I refused to have anything to do with touching the dead meat) and Pauliene was Deputy do nothing, for the vital role she played in helping me with the veggies.
Boxing day was uneventful, basically it was the day before we left for Gisbourne and the Rythm and Vines New Years music feastivle. Prasied as the best place to be for New Years in New Zealand, Rythm and Vines did not dissapoint. The party started four days before in the campground with popular NZ DJs playing drum and base, and finished with a massive party with bands such as Katchafire, and Milo playing on the big night.

Advertisement



8th January 2007

erotic christmas
aw Alison that sucks you didn't have presents to open or get to see your brother,Alison jr. But atleast you got to experience something new which is what your going for. Keep on rocking in the free world.
8th January 2007

Still wating!
you not yet tell me about big spider on foot photo. How com? What you hide? I ting it mus be yo pet maybee and itz illegal or somthinh. Look lik e you have good time in Audtsralkia . Gud. Done At Dawgy Do Yo

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb