Day 185 New Zealand, Bay of Plenty, Mount Maunganui.


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello People,



After waking up in the quiet parking area of the TANC car park, we found that we had an over night neighbor ‘Juicy Van’ who we never heard turn up. Neil had too much energy in the morning so I encouraged him to go for a run. He only managed a mile and a half in 15 minutes before coming back (sweaty).



We then headed north to Mount Maunganui, the drive there was only short, around 25km and a simple driving road.



We arrived in Tauranga late morning; we first headed to a count down to get supplies. Once we had paid up there wasn’t much parking in the main town so the shop girl suggested to park on one of the residential street a few blocks out. So we parked up of 4th street (5 minutes from town).



As per normal we headed to the library, as we knew we would be able to get free WIFI and charge up the laptop (the library structure in NZ is amazing and FREE).



After walking around Tauranga town for an hour we decided to then to head to Mount Maunganui, where we knew of a free self-contained camper site for the night.



We drove via the SH2 into Mount Maunganui and found the freedom camping site located outside the main dock gate. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Mount Maunganui area had a good CBD, so we went for a wander around the quaint shops. We walked along the esplanade toward the Mount, however we decided it was too late in the day to walk up, so we planned it for the next day.



On the way back to the camper we managed to get some free WIFI at the burger king in town, we caught up on everything online.



We got back to the camper to relax with our kindle and a glass of wine-hmmmmmm. Neil cooked veg pasta for dinner, then we settled down for the night with a film.



Good night,





V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.1124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb