10th - 13th the mount & 13th - 15th Auckland


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived mid afternoon at Mount Maunganui (the mount as everyone calls it) was a really nice day and so went straight to the beach and lazed around for the rest of the afternoon. in the evening i met a french guy jerome who had been travelling around OZ for the last 2 years and had now come to NZ for the next year, we went out for a couple of drinks and then had an earlyish night. the following day i was up early and went to the beach and had a surfing lesson, surfing is the best thing in the world by the way, caught on pretty quick and was stood up catching waves by myself within an hour, the lesson itself was 2 hours and cost $60 which included a board and wetsuit hire aswell which was a bargain in my eyes but then at the end the instructer, who was a legend, let me keep the board for another hour free of charge and went and got his board and as there was no one else in the water we had the surf to our selves. that night me and jerome went and got some dinner and a few drinks before heading back slightly later than planned after stopping to watch some horrific kareoke, i gave it a miss this time as it was a touch amateur.

the following day, friday, i once again hungover got the bus to auckland with the view to hopefully finally getting my IRD number so i can work when i want to start. and then hopefully hiring a car and heading south to wellington without having to stay the night in new zalands biggest and most dissapointing city. no luck on the IRD front so i decided to stay and wait one more night and then with IRD or not get a car and head south on saturday. that would have been a good plan had it not been for what happened that night. i went out to watch the rugby in the evening ansd ended up staying out with a group of lads from christchurch who were all felow rugby players and got in around 4 in the morning. i decided the sensible thing to do would be to stay another night in auckland as oppose to driving south had a quiet day lounging around the hostel befor having an early night. today i went to get a car in the morning and much to my dissapointment there was only one company that would hire a car to U21's and allow me to drop it off in Wellington, more dissapointingly they would only allow a minimum of 5 day's hire opposed to the single day i wanted. so i was down to a few options of busing, training and flying to wellington, got to the bus station to find that there were no more buses and the train station to find similar bearing in mind it was 10 in the morning i was dissapointed to say the least and decide that a flight would be a good option. again unfortunately althougth there was plenty of flights the cheapest one was $240 so i decide to call the travel quits for the day checked into another hostel and booked the 12 hour bus journey for $40 tomorrow and went out to watch the warriors get beat by gold coast and watch manny pacquio punch a virtually stationary target for an hour.

so tomorrow wellington unless the bad luck continues and i end up in auckland for the rest of my life

Advertisement



15th March 2010

get a fucking job lol!!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb