Paihia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
February 19th 2015
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

time for an icetime for an icetime for an ice

Temperature reached 29 mid afternoon
An intentional early start for a 300+ mile trip up to Northlands. The first part was easy going as the nearer we got to Auckland the straighter the roads and some of motorway standard but still a 60mph limit with highway patrol (red police cars) ready to pounce. Around Auckland the traffic stopped despite five lanes, just like the M25 at Heathrow!

North of Auckland the hubbub gave way to tranquil countryside. We took the eastern half of the tourist route which took us onto some superb beaches. Had to stop for an ice cream.

Despite a long drive we arrived in good shape in Paihia. We are staying at an Autolodge, a motel by any other name, and it turns out to be one of the best rooms yet. So good we had a meal in the restaurant, a window seat over looking the bay.

Plan to sightsee a little tomorrow, taking our swimming gear in anticipation. We will let you know how warm the water is.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

langs beachlangs beach
langs beach

Some lovely properties on one side of the road and sandy beaches for miles on the other side. No wonder people like living in NZ.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb