New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
January 8th 2008
Published: January 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In New Zealand now which seems like a really cool place, since the last entry have done quite a bit so will guide you through some of the choice moments. Christmas eve was good enjoyed a good night out in Sydney and awoke on Christmas day and it did not feel like Christmas, the stereotype of the barbie on the beach was shot and we ended up having a jacket potato in the flat as our Christmas lunch, we did go to bondi beach in the afternoon but the weather was cloudy and it was a really strange day an expereince that will make me enjoy next Christmas a lot more. Whilst on the beach on Christams day we did see the lifeguards deployed to rescue a Japanese guy who had gone into the sea with jeans on- that is mental!
Boxing day picked up alot more Ray, Lee, Dean and I went on a boat cruise around Sydney Harbour from 5-10:30, this meant we got some amazing views of the sites in the sun, at dusk and by night, this was an amazing trip and a great night. In the run up to new year we chilled out a bit, David came over on 28th and we met up which was cool, got some nice photos for grandparents and parents in front of the sites and had a night out together- it was really good to be with family again. We also met up with some girls from back home which was cool and spent a couple of nights out with them. Did a bit more surfing whislt in Sydney on both Manly and Bondi beach can get up now on a regular basis which is lush.
New years eve turned out to be an amazing night, we couldnt get in anywhere to start off with and I thought it was going to be a big let down just sitting on the steps of a building with a rubbish view. After the nine o clock fireworks we managed to "sneak" into the botanical gardens where we had the most amazing views of the most amazing fireworks which was exatcly how I wanted the night to go. After the botanical gardens were cleared we managed to get into a $250 a head dinner after sweet talking a security guard, the general dresscode was tuxedos and cocktail dresses- we got a few looks in our shorts dancing like idiots- we then went on to a club and left after a bloody good night.
In the run up to leaving Sydney did a few of the sights and just chilled out a bit more, spent some time at the beach, went to an imax 3D cinema and had a couple of nights out. For the last couple of days a couple of northern girls that Dean new were staying with us they were reall sound and I think the last few days were probably the best of the lot. Overall Sydney was a great place but 12 days was enough especially on the wallet. We left for Auckland pleaesed with the fact that all we had spoke to said that we had the three best places to come....
We arrived in Auckland and settled in a backpackers called Base, they are generally considered to be the best- we went out on the first night with some of the guys from our room and it was very similair to the other backpacker bars- good! The next day we booked up some trips for the north island including caving, white water rafdting and white water sledging. We also booked to go to the bay of islands which is where we are now- we will spend a couple of nights here and then head back down south. Looking back on Australia it was amazing and I enjoyed it so much but I really like the feel of New Zealand so I hope I have even more to come. I will also try and update this more regular as we will not be as rushed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb