Our world tour Part 1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 18th 2016
Published: October 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

18 October 2016

As things go, sometimes fortune strikes when you least expect it.

Looking at alternatives for hotels, it ocurred to me to go to American Express that has been sending me e-mails regarding their travel business. At their web site I was offered the best hotels in town, with the possibility to pay for the hotels with points accumulated over time for the use of the credit card. Long story short, we are now in a premium hotel with all ammenities for free, including access to a club where we can eat for free, and even (tomorrow afternoon) have english "high tea"! A great deal!! A great way to close our visit to New Zealand.

Today we took a tour by ferry to an island before the coast, Waiheke Island. A beautiful place, very relaxed and different from the mainland. The island, as someone explained, has its own micro climate; warmer than the rest of the country. The vegetation reflects the difference.

It was a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine and temperatures in the low 20C.

The ferry gets you to the island in 40 minutes and transportation by bus on the island does the rest.

Lovely beaches, good food and nice people along the way. All in all a very nice day.

Coming back from Waikeke we could not resist to take a picture of one of the largest hotels of New Zealand, that may become the place of work for one of our children some time in the future........

By the way, still no news from our Aussie friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb