I've had a bit of trouble.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
May 29th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Trouble with travelblogging is when you're really doing stuff that's cool to write about, you're far too busy to log on and write about it, and when you're free to type up, you've most likely got very little to write about, hey ho!

Auckland proving to be a very pleasant place to hang out, feeling quite lazy so tending to mosy around shops, harbour etc, think i'm bored of guidebooks and brochures so wandering round here hoping to come across cool stuff.

Did go up the Skytower, thankfully backpackers get a discount, certainly gives one an idea of the landmass of auckland, is the world's 4th largest in that sense though is just over a miliion population. considering New Zealand is just 4 million though that's not bad going.

Saw someone jump off the building on a wire, i could not do that thought stood with face next to glass mentally preparing myself for hoped for skydive later in the trip. Tallest building in southern hemisphere, pretty cool standing on the glass floor.

Have a rough scehdule now for NZ, on Wednesday will go to Northland for 3 days, then back to Auckland, then I'll shoot south, and indulge in the adventures that the land of the 'long white cloud' has to offer.

Sadly I am suffering from the inevitable 'deli belly' stomach trouble, or to put it crudely, the sh*ts. have taken my immodium and just drinking water and eating a bit of toast. luckily not suffering from severe cramps or anything but lets just say when I vist the restroom, I am taking substantial reading material.

The cause, the curry in Ba? diving in the mudpool?, Fiji Bitter? Shaking hands with too many locals? Airline food? could be anything.

Have made a mental note of as many convieniences in central auckland for today, just in case! never more than a 5 minute dash is the rule.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

AucklandAuckland
Auckland

From Mount Eden


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb