Day at the Zoo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
April 20th 2010
Published: April 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have been having a very busy time lately. We took Tayla and Jamie to the Auckland Zoo on Sunday.What a wonderful day we all had, lots of fun and laughter.
We arrived at the Zoo at 9.30am and had a lot of laughs at the ticketing office. Graham had his Super Gold card which allowed him into the Zoo free. The man in the ticketing office said "one Super Gold Card, One adult and two children."
Jamie looked at me and asked what a Super Gold card was? I explained that when you are old the card allows you to go places for free. "Oh" she said, "that means Graham is not and adult anymore" We did laugh Graham is now in a whole new group called the Super Gold Card people.

The Zoo was wonderful and the girls both won prizes at the Just Juice tent. We spent the rest of the day looking for fruit posters around the Zoo to put the stickers onto a map. The girls then entered a competition when they had found all the stickers.

Jamie was upset at morning tea when a rooster pinched her biscuit out of her hand and raced off to eat it.

To finish the day the girls each bought a soft toy from the shop. Tayla's was a Spider Monkey and Jamie's was a sheep with a very sweet face.

We went to Kyle Nicol's wedding out on the West Coast of the North Island at Casterways. It was an amazing location. We stayed the night in one of the Studio Units as it was too far to drive back home after the wedding.
It was a beautiful wedding and so great to meet up with people that we hadn't seen for years.

We took Tracy out to lunch at the Westin Hotel. Tracy is leaving work to have a baby in a month so we wanted to wish her well for the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PonderingPondering
Pondering

Looking for the fruit to put on the map.
Oh JamieOh Jamie
Oh Jamie

The rooster got your biscuit
Tayla's photoTayla's photo
Tayla's photo

The girls were intrigued with the Sea Lions.
Jamie's photoJamie's photo
Jamie's photo

Great photo Jamie!!
Very important messageVery important message
Very important message

Tayla wanted this message.
Riding the elephantRiding the elephant
Riding the elephant

Sandy, Tayla, Jamie
Jamie and TaylaJamie and Tayla
Jamie and Tayla

Having fun at the Zoo
The eyeThe eye
The eye

The girls loved this little bird or I should say fat bird.
CasterwaysCasterways
Casterways

View from the wedding venue


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb