Stunning New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
April 8th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,

I was saving for traveling for a long time and finally I was able to start my traveling last months. First place I visited was Thailand. It was nice to come from cold German winter into hot side of the world. Thailand was pretty cool but at some stage not very nice especially in Bangkok. Bangkok is dusty, dirty, smelly, overcrowded......did't like it at all.

Well, i just i arrived in Auckland. Staying in one of the hostels in the city. Stuff are very friendly and helpful. I am looking for someone who will be traveling with me........hopefully I will find that person soon. I have plans to rent or buy a van and travel for about 3 months. I am so excited.

Heya, I'm still enjoying my stay in Auckland, met so many travelers in the hostel. Visited many places here...Couple days ago we took a bus from Downtown in Auckland city and went to Mission bay, a very beautiful beach. Luckily the weather was nice, very sunny. Had a nice ride on the bus along the waterfront. We had Movenpick ice-cream there....i think its from Switzerland..recommend everyone to try it, very yummy! Then had lunch in Mecca cafe in Mission Bay, the food was delicious but prices are a bit high for us backpackers haha...need to start budgeting and stick with the 2 min noodles :-)

I went for a little trip to One tree hill the other day. Its a pretty big park with farm animals around: sheep, horses, darks and geese...The park is renowned for its landscape design and its wide variety of mature trees. It is centred on a volcanic cone, One Tree Hill, with many interesting geological features.
I've been told that the Maori name for the hill is Maungakiekie - mountain of the kiekie. Kiekie (Freycinettia banksii) grows as an epiphytic climber or vine. Immediately adjacent to the Park is One Tree Hill Domain, administered by Auckland City Council. There is a restaurant in the park that serves nice food, too. Also a big area to have bbq where a lot of people were on the Easter weekend.

I went to Sky Tower in Auckland. Its the highest man-made building in New Zealand, 328 meters. I went with the girl i met in the hostel, Anna. we took so many photos there but i'll put the photos
Cornwall park Cornwall park Cornwall park

Huge trees!!!!!!! And the grass seems so much greener in New Zealand :-)
up a bit later. You can see almost the whole Auckland from there. It was so scary going on the elevator all the way up to the top and walk on the see through glass floor where we could see the ground and all the people walking the size of ants. We waited for the sunset to see Auckland at night, bright with lights.
There are so many places in New Zealand i want to see so I think its time to buy a car. Me and Anna decided to travel together, its cheaper and more fun! We are going to split the cost of the car which is great!. We might even buy a van with the bed so we can sleep in it sometimes to save some money. I've heard from some travelers in the hostel that we should go check out Backpackers Car Market where travelers sell and buy vehicles from each other!
Last night was a good night, went to a first proper party in New Zealand!!! Anna's friend Nicole who's been living in Auckland for the past year invited us to her house warming party. She moved to a real nice house with 2 other
One Tree HillOne Tree HillOne Tree Hill

Auckland New zealand
flatmates, very friendly and funny girls. We had a bbq and then went for a swim in their new swimming pool which was freezing! However after few drinks and dancing it didn't seem that cold anymore :-) A bit hung over and tired today but going to look for a van today. Had a look on trade me but not really interested in anything and the prices are quite out of our price range but going to the Backpackers Car Market this afternoon. Its really close to our hostel just 5 minutes away.










Advertisement



9th April 2009

Wow
Heya!!! what a nice picture of Auckland! We are planning to visit New Zealand sometime in the next month, too. Is it really that beautiful as it looks on the pictures? How do you like it so far?
14th April 2009

It is beautiful, im looking forward visiting more places in Auckland such as Waiheke Island..........it looks gorgeous. Its getting colder but days are still sunny.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb