Always Buy a cookie...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just a short little anecdote for the afternoon!

Following work, Milly and I decided to stay on the bus after work and get off in town to sort out a new bus pass as our monthly ones expire this week. We managed to find a shop that sold them but the shop man told us that we couldnt renew them until the old one ran out? Strange man. Anyway, we set off back to the hostel via the bookshop so that i could get the third installment of the trilogy i'm reading. We walked halfway up the main road and past our favourite cookie shop but resisted the temptation to buy one as we would be having dinner soon after we got back. We saw that a bus was at the bus stop and so after a quick check on the side where it says where it is stopping we jumped on, got our tickets and sat down. (Our bus passes are for Zone A which is pretty big so we never say where we are going to...)
We drove up queen street and the bus was in the wrong lane to turn down K'Road(where our hostel is). Strange we thought but pressed the 'stop' button in the hope that it would stop just pass K' road. But it didn't. It didn't stop at the next bus stop either. 20 minutes later though it did stop. We were in Mt Roskill. Mt Roskill is nowhere near K'Rd. Well, after that little adventure we crossed over the road to find a bus back. 15 minutes after that we had found a bus and were safely on our way towards home!

On our walk back to the hostel having safely got off the bus, Milly reflected on the adventure we had just had. 'There is deifnitely a moral to this story' she said. 'Always buy a cookie.'



Advertisement



3rd March 2009

Special
you're so special my wifey :P
4th March 2009

Definitely a moral that needs to be taken seriously and remembered!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb