Beginning the NZ adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
January 17th 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Auckland 004Auckland 004Auckland 004

View of Auckland city
So we made it! It took a lot of traveling hours but Shaheen and I finally arrived in Auckland Saturday afternoon. I still think it's really weird that we completely missed Friday the 13th. Since then we've been staying at the YHA City hostel. It's actually quite nice. The only downside is that it sits right at the top of one of the steepest hills I've ever seen in a city, so that makes coming and going a bit of a chore (especially with luggage).

For the past few days we've basically just been walking around the city a lot and exploring it on our own. We've also been eating a lot of cheap Asian food, which is really good and easy to find here. Sunday afternoon we visited the Auckland Museum. They had some really nice stuff on Maori and Pacific Island culture and art. Shaheen and I both also enjoyed the exhibit all about volcanos. After the museum we walked home through the Domain and across Grafton Bridge on our way back to Queen St.

We've also been busy running errands and getting everything set up for the rest of our trip. We opened bank accounts, bought a mobile phone, and registered for IRD (tax) numbers, and joined WWOOF. All we really have to do now is figure out where we're headed and then we can start working. Wohoo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb