The Plans


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 21st 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Trip


King Kong!King Kong!King Kong!

The beast.
Hi guys,

As most of you already know, I will be heading to the States for a month on 27th December with Shannon, Amanda and Sunita - arriving back on 24th January.

I have been to the states before but this will be my first trip away with a bunch of friends so should be fun.

This whole trip stemmed from a rather wishful thinking msn conversation with Sunita that went along the lines of "hey, lets have new years this year in Hawaii", "ha! yea, sure, lets do it" (half sarcastically). Somehow, it actually ended up happening, we also roped in Amanda and Shannon who were keen on the idea also.

Since Sunita has already lived in California for a year, this "new years in Hawaii" idea then changed to "well, while we are up there why don't we pop on over to LA and visit my friends". That turned to "well, while we are over there, we might as well have a good look around", and there you have it - the plan then blossomed into a one month goliath.

After much talk, planning and procrastinating wherever possible, we were ready to go...

During our days in Hawaii we are probably just going to get around the island by bus. Once we are in Califorina, we will be hiring a minivan to travel our 4500kms across desert, snow and concrete jungles (all on the other side of the road of course). I was keen to drive, however, being under 25 Shannon will be our designated driver (otherwise it was going to get a tad expensive with under 25 driver fees).

This site I'm using here is actually pretty cool, for each location you can see the blog comments from other people who have stayed at the same place (links below).

Our basic itinerary is as follows:

I will try to make updates as much as I can, however there are no promises 😊

If you are reading this and I have neglected to subscribe you already, feel free to subscribe so you will know when I make updates.

Merry Christmas

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb