The final Quantas leap


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 18th 2005
Published: December 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Greeting finally after 5 weeks on the raod from New Zealand. Yep after a seemingly neverending journey from Singapore we landed at 3pm local time this afternoon and have checkied into a backpacker hostel for our first night meeting more fellow backpackers than you can shake a stick at straight away. Was a shame to leave Singapore as we had a really good time on the bum boats (boats with tyres all over them), saluting Mr Raffles statue and braving the cronic subway system, especially as it seemed the flights from then on were never ending. Anywho aided by one or two complementary bottles of wine from Quantas (and $50 of duty free vouchers due to Claires TV not working for the last hour of the flight which she wasn't watching anyway- ace) we got here.

First impressions from the land of the long white cloud are that its going to be a deal more expensive than we're used to , but a whole lot more enjoyable and somewhere we can sort of call home. Tomorrows job is to get over the jetlag which is causing this blog to take me a very long time to type, and think about getting a car in order to toddle down to Wellington for Christmas. Plans after that are up in the air.

Claire sends her regards to all (at the moment she is showering and trying to get curry removed from the front of her backpack which somehow found it's way on between Singapore and Auckland) and will write again soon when we're less tired and have got ourselves sorted.

Anyway we made it safe and sound - the new chapter begins...

oh yeah it as it appears to be nearing Christmas, seasons tidings.

marc

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb