The last of the big nz!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi ya guys sorry its been so long but been really busy since we last blogged!

Well we went to the waitomo caves which was brilliant apparently a lot of record companies use it because of the sound quaity, we got on a little boat and it took us into a cave it was really dark and the top was full on glow worms it lit the whole thing up like stars! After the caves on way back to campsite we stopped at a rabbit shearing hut... huge furry rabbit's that they shear and use with cotton for awful jumpers you get at christmas... the rabbits looked very funny once they had been cut! (btw we did not go blackwater rafting as was quite expensive and not really what we thought it would be, it is more of a float through caves)

The next day we carried on to hamilton it rained so we did not do much. The next day we travelled up to auckand and went over the harbour bridge and stayed in north shore just the other side of auckland.

The following day we drove to a little place called kerikeri which was so cute one of the oldest towns in NZ it was a brilliant day sun was shinning so we went and sat in a beer garden for the afernoon! Whilst in Kerikeri we planned a trip up to the top of NZ (Cape Regina) where the tasman and the pacific oceans meet the weather is really good up there hot!! Whilst on the trip we went sand surfin which was really cool although we nearly died climbing to the top of this hugh sand dune/mountain!

After that we headed back into Auckland ready to catch our flight to Fiji!

keep reading theres more!

mel xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb