Lazy day in Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Very lazy day today.

Got up quite late and then checked emails. Was waiting for some news from Paolo (chap who I used to work with who moved over here a year or so ago.)

Justin had said he was due back from doing the south island with his father today, but Paolo had said himself he was back the 21st.

Anyway had some soup for lunch, then went down to the new world super marcket to buy food for dinner and munches for the Kimi Experience (due to start tomorrow).

Went back and took an afternoon nap then checked emails.

5:30 came and I went to the bar for my free sausage. Got talking to two Londeners Giles and Tom. They were eating a 12 pack of dunkin dounets between them. After a couple of pints we decided to go down to the globe bar to play some pool only to discover there was some big night on. It was called flirt and everyone was incredibly dressed up for packpackers (do alot of women carry stilettos in their rucksacks?).

We were all given labels with some sort of new Zealand thing on it (mine was a type of tree) and you had to go and find somebody with the same badge (normaly someone of the opposite sex).

Managed to find mine (Lovely Canadian girl), Tom didnt find his and Giles's was a bloke. While talking to the Canadian Girl I dicovered it was in fact student night and all the overseas students starting their new terms were down for Freshers week (hense why everyone was nicely dressed up).

At about 12:00 for some reason it started to clear out. And with the group of American girls we were attempting to chat up having bolted we did like wise. Having not had dinner we grabed some pizzas from domios (backpacker discount and all) and went to the TV lounge to watch the highlights of the black caps beating the Australians at cricket.

Checked my emails again then went to bed.

Advertisement



26th February 2007

Sports and Filums
Hey dude - time for the usual update. Honda have launched their 2007 car and seem to have gone all huggy-feely (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6396763.stm). The Carling cup ended with an old fashioned punch-up. My score card had Arsenal winning every round but the last, but Chelsea managed to deal the knockout blow in the end. Ireland absolutely tanked England in the Rugby. Paul was there and I'm not looking forward to him coming home ;-) Scorsese finally won an Oscar. Message ends.

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb