Voh


Advertisement
New Caledonia's flag
Oceania » New Caledonia » South Province » Grand Terre
September 28th 2007
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My last excursion on this journey was the north province (Grand Terre) of New Caledonia. Again we rented a car for three days. Our final destination was the city of Voh. It takes around 4 hours from Noumea to get to Voh. Because we left Noumea late in the afternoon we decided to camp on the beach Pindai. It’s a nice place top camp, it’s for free but it is hard to find this place, because there are no signs to guide you to this place. Well early in the morning we left for Voh. City of Voh is famous for it’s natural shaped heart. Yann Arthus-Bertrand used it for the front cover of his book called Earth from above. The only way to see this heart is from above, either from the airplane or from the mountain. We went hiking on this mountain. It took us around one hour to get to the top. The view is amazing, so I really recommend this place, especially for the lovers. 😊 We spent our night camping on the beach of Nepoui. On Sunday morning we went for Poya and Bourail. We went swimming on the beach Poe (Plage de Poe). It’s a nice place for swimming and also it’s a good place for camping. But I think there are some charges for camping. Well and after that we went back to Noumea.

I would also like to say, that you have to be careful, when you are driving during the weekends. Because there are many accidents related to drinking and driving. Be careful and drive slow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb