Paradise Found


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia
June 2nd 2015
Published: June 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up in heaven today. Bora Bora is a beautiful island with many surrounding small islands encircled by a coral reef. The color of the water is the real gem here and hard to capture but we did try and try.

Patrick, our guide, picked us up in his outrigger wearing, as he stated, his tuxedo (please see photo). He was the full package. He not only looked the part but played his ukulele and sang for us but got in the water with bait to attract the sting rays and sharks, as well as other fish.

The snorkeling was really great as the water was calm. After three snorkeling stops we docked at Patrick’s private motu and had drinks and lunch. Grilled mahi mahi and tuna were on the menu along with suckling pig, plantain, banana poi and fresh fruit. The pig was cooked in an earth oven which is a traditional Polynesian way to cook.

Patrick dropped us off at Bloody Mary’s but we didn’t stay as the drinks were ridiculously expensive so we hopped on a local bus and went back to the pier. Near the pier we found a dentist and luckily he was
Shark In WaterShark In WaterShark In Water

These were Lemon Sharks. They swam around us as they looked for the bait the guides throw in to attract them.
able to fit Jerry in for a quick gluing of his bridge. Hopefully it will stay intact for the next 34 days and then he can have it permanently glued at home.

Back on the ship with our friends for “Happy Hour” and dinner outside on the deck with a full moon - we are content.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Lots of FishesLots of Fishes
Lots of Fishes

This type likes bread
Lunch on LeavesLunch on Leaves
Lunch on Leaves

No utensils provided. LOL


3rd June 2015
High Rent District

Paradise Found
all i can say is OH WOW to everything including Patrick....so happy you got to be in Bora Bora!!!! by land and by sea....
4th June 2015
High Rent District

Especially Patrick
Must tell you that Patrick told us that half of his body tattoos are his mother's family traditional tattoos and the other half of his body are his father's. True or not - I don't know but interesting anyway. A couple are traveling with us who live in Hawaii and say that this is even more beautiful. We shall see...

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb