Stranded in Tahiti


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
April 21st 2008
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nuku HivaNuku HivaNuku Hiva

Making our way up a river at Hakatea, tied dingy to a palm tree and went for a 4 hr trek.
We had an amazing time in the Marquesas, visiting Ua Pou after Nuku Hiva. We departed in high spirit and after 2.5 days sailing we were about to drop the sails and motor into Manihi part of the Tuamotu Archipelago. We were all really looking foorward to seeing the atolls, diving and snorkelling with a visibility of 50m and more. Anyway we discovered that the boat would not move so after a bit of tweaking, Neil went under boat to look at propeller to discover that it was not there. So we had to bypass all of the islands and head straight for Tahiti, to source parts and make repairs. We got a tow into Papeete harbour from a commercial tug and are due to be here for about 8-10 days while we wait for parts and repairs.

So here are some more Deliverance 3 pics to keep you all informed of what we are up to.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

HakateaHakatea
Hakatea

Stunning scenery on the trek
Trek in HakateaTrek in Hakatea
Trek in Hakatea

These photos show how dramatic and beautiful the Marquesas are, this is the same trek in Nuku Hiva.
Ahuei WaterfallAhuei Waterfall
Ahuei Waterfall

Enjoying a fresh fruit picnic after a swim in the waterfall pool with the shrimps and eels.
Nuku Hiva HakateaNuku Hiva Hakatea
Nuku Hiva Hakatea

Yet more stunning views
Stone StatueStone Statue
Stone Statue

This little fella was hiding in the woods on our trek
New Crew MemberNew Crew Member
New Crew Member

Marga on the bow as we enter Taioa Bay and getting used to life at sea.
Ua PouUa Pou
Ua Pou

The Deliverance 3 Crew treking again on another island taking in the spectacular views from the pinnacles on top of Ua Pou.
Swimming againSwimming again
Swimming again

Maga and Lynne enjoying a refreshing swim in the Manfred Waterfall Pool in Ua Pou.
Hakahau BayHakahau Bay
Hakahau Bay

Mike hanging out with the local boys after they freed our dingy rope from a rock on the dock.
Passage repairsPassage repairs
Passage repairs

Jane and Marga repairing the jib to get us to Tahiti.
What no propellerWhat no propeller
What no propeller

Neil discovers our propeller is missing causing us to bypass the Tuamotu.
Back Up TeamBack Up Team
Back Up Team

The girls look on in disbelief at the propeller during the passage from Marquesas, taking some photos to check the damange.
Getting a tow inGetting a tow in
Getting a tow in

Getting a tow in from port authority to Papeete Harbour, Tahiti.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb