Rangiroa, Polynesia


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Rangiroa
January 24th 2014
Published: January 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

January 24, 2014

Our last full day on board the Oceania Marina.

Today we visited Rangiroa, French Polynesia. Another spectacular place. We took a glass bottom boat trip ( Alice ) and Snorkel excursion ( Tom ) to the same reef area not far from the main town. WOW !!

Tremendous amount and variety of fish and some large ( 2 Meter ) Eels. Great snorkeling in crystal clear water. Close up swim with Black Tip and White Tip Sharks.

A short, few blocks, walk took us to the other side of the atoll and some great views of the ocean surf. The place we were at was a narrow channel from the ocean side into the lagoon side so the surf was spectacular. Many dolphins surfing the big waves.

We can see why Rangiroa is a popular place for water sports and just hanging out. Flights available here to and from Tahiti. This is a very large atoll with a 5 star resort. Good beaches and some walk in snorkeling.

We sail tonight from Rangiroa to our final stop back in Papeete, Tahiti.

We have nothing planned in Pappeete and will stay at the resort until our flight on Sunday afternoon to Christchurch New Zealand via Aukland.



We had a great time in Polynesia and a great time on the Oceania Marina. It would not be hard to recommend a Polynesian vacation and / or a cruise anywhere on the Marina. Both first class.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb