Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
December 15th 2005
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

FijiFijiFiji

Bula from Fiji
It's my last day in Fiji. I've been here for 4 days.

It all started....well.....a bit pear-shaped really.

We got the airport kind of late, and my friend Amy and I couldn't sit together.

We were three hours delayed.....but on the upside.....got a free meal.

The plane was delayed because of........"LOGISTICS" at first, but then we were told that the plane's fifth engine, the one that gives it power whilst on the ground....wasn't working and needed to be jump started. Everyone was contemplating getting out and pushing.

Then....it all started going better. We met lots of nice Fijian people who helped us on the way....and also people at the resort.

We were upgraded for free.....hurrah. got air conditioning, and tv with Fiji's only television station and an annoying American Christian one.

foods kinda expensive at the resort though. But got to try lots of different types of taro, casava, lotte and this raw fish coconut milk salad which was good. Am having this roti canai thing for dinner....so i've been eating indian food too.

We were staying at an island resort....and got to go snorkelling, kayaking among other things. Also got a tour of the town and the village and markets.

The staff also happened to be having a Xmas party last night....so there was lotq of entertainment. Fijians are so musical and rhythmic......why can't my bum wiggle like that.

There were all these Fijian versions of these old songs. It was great.

Anyway, we are at Fiji airport now, waiting for flight to LA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th December 2005

fiji stay
jo, glad you did not turn out to be a taro and got eaten. he he

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb