Melbravo Resort Day 2


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
September 27th 2007
Published: September 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Considering there were three of us sharing a small double bed we slept quite well. However under general concensus we decided to head back a day early. If I'd been on my own I'd probably had tried my best to put up with it, but none of us fancied another night on top of each other!

We had breakfast and then, as the better was loads better, we went out to find a nice beach where we sat in the sea and tried out our travel wash that apperntly works in the sea!! Really felt like we were shipwrecked!! Although the beach wasn't absolutely amazing the colour of the sea really was stunning as we looked further out! There were so many different shades of blue.

We reluctanly went back to the hut where we packed up and then went over to the communal room for lunch to find that they'd laid out a table outside under a big open hut! It was really lovely, and again the food was fab. It was such a shame the place wasn't nice as the food was really good and all the people were lovely! It seems like a really poor area, which isn't really surprising as it's so far out from the Mainland, although it was one of the biggest of the Yasawa Islands, with about 5 villages.

At 1 we got the little chug boat to the catermaran and slowly maid our way back towards Nadi. For the first part of the boat ride the weather was lovely and we sat outside in the sun, admiring all the stunning islands we past. However about and hour or so into the journey we hit bad weather and sat outside in our rain macs being battered!! I thought it was quite good fun, but Amie and Nisha didn't seem to agree with me, Nisha in particular wasn't enjoying the rough ride!! :o)

We didn;t get back to Aquarius, our hotel, until about 7.30pm, by which time we were exhausted and extremely bedraggled. Thankfully they still ahd our room available so we moved back in, showered (YAY!) and had some really good dinner before passing out ridiculuosly early!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The French BunThe French Bun
The French Bun

This is the flower all the pacific islanders wear behind their ears. Apparently the left side means you're single the right, you're taken


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb