The Great Escape


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
September 4th 2005
Published: September 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Octopus ResortOctopus ResortOctopus Resort

Half of the crescent shaped beach at Octopus Resort
We make a few calls (well Sarah does) straight after "breakfast". We manage to find accom at Octopus Resort...its about half an hour away on the YF and was one of our original target resorts.

There's a downside, or so we thought. The only accom available is a tent. We can have it for 3 nights. We need to get away from Kuata so we go for it. It would be a decision we would not regret.

First impressions of Octopus are good. A large crescent shaped beach. We are met in the traditional Fijian way...a song and big warm smiles all round......we're already starting to like it. We are led from the boat to a brief welcome meeting headed up by Jim....welcome drinks all round. Its hard to wipe the smiles from our faces.

We are allocated Tent 3. Quite a big tent as tents go. 2 large rooms with a porch on either end. The toilet and shower blocks are at the rear, about 30m away. They are very clean. Fresh towells and even air freshners in the loo's. Sarah immediately feels at home!

We meet a middle aged NZ couple, Tony & Colleen Butler.....they
Sunset at OctopusSunset at OctopusSunset at Octopus

Sunset at Octopus Resort
are old hands at the Fijian islands and come here on a recommendation of a friend. They too are not disappointed.

We unpack our gear and head to the bar. There we meet the current managers. A young Scottish couple called Ross and Polly. We instantly know we've made the best decision of the trip so far! 2 G&T's later and its lunchtime. Polly tells us that theyve been there 5 months and already made significant changes. A new chef, daily trips and evening entertainment.

Breakfast is a buffet style....cereal, toast, fruit etc.
Lunch conists of a choice of approx 10 dishes...all very nice indeed.
Dinner is a 2 course set meal...but ranges from soup, Kodovo to the full Roast Beef and Yorkshire puds.

The tent option costs us FJ$ 130 per night, inclusive of the meal package. Its a steal!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Octopus RestaurantOctopus Restaurant
Octopus Restaurant

The main restaurant area at Octopus Resort


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb