Bula!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
August 1st 2005
Published: August 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Day one, actually 2, actually 3 if you count the day that we missed coming W. across the inter. date line. It's Mo. and we're in Nadi, Fiji.

We're holed up at the Nadi Bay Resort Hotel in 'Butterfly 1'.

So far so good, the flt. across wasn't too bad, especially consid. we had to come all the way from Atlanta. Today is a rest/plan day, kind of a tough pairing, but we'll give it a go. Tomorrow we'll leave likely for the Yasawa Islands or to the 2nd largest Fijian isl. to the N. of here.

Quick hits:

...

Marc would like it here, they don't tip! Also, the queen is on their notes. Sherry and I are having a contest to see who can hold onto their spiffy new, collapsible Zebra pen the longest. I expect to lose mine within the next couple days. Spent 1 1/2 hours today on the phone trying to book accomodation and transport in the/to the Yasawas. Major pain, phone usually busy or no answer. In the end we booked through the more expensive hotel trav. desk.

Tomorrow a 2 hr. boat ride to the Yasawas, Waya something or other island.

(sorry, no photos until I get myself onto a different computer)

Advertisement



8th August 2005

standard percentages
What? I tip a standard 2%. Tom makes up for my shortages...

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb