Fiji Time!!!!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey!!!!

Hope everyones well!!! Gonna change the format for Fiji cos otherwise you will all get very bored of me sunbathing and lying in hammocks all day (haha!!!) so i'll whizz through it all in one lump!!!

Got picked up from the airport and taken to the hostel where luckily my room was air conditioned cos even though it was raining it was still ridiculosly hot!!!! that evening a group called the Kavaholics were doing a very laid back show where u basically sit on a mat and listen to them play guitars and drink Kava but first we had to become a member by taking part in a Kava ceremony where u learn the traditional way of drinking it!!!Kava is non alcoholic so cant really understand why they drink it cos it tastes like muddy water but its their traditional drink so it was kinda rude to refuse it so ended up getting another drink to wash it down!!!

First few days it rained and lots of people changed their flights to leave as soon as poss cos it didnt look like it would get any better with a cyclone on the way!!! Went to Nadi center one day for a bit of shopping but the shop assistants literally follow you round the shop looking over ur shoulder so i got annoyed and didnt buy anything!!! The highlight of the day was the public bus which was a unique experience - instead of windows they had a canvas sheet it was great!!!!

After 3 days of rain the sun came out so the sun bathing marathon began!!! Carly (from Oz Intro) came to meet me and then we headed of to the Yasawa Islands from 8 days. First we stayed on Beachcomber Island for 2 nights here we sunbathed, attempted snorkelling and ate alot!!!! we also sampled several cocktails on the menu!!!!! Then we travelled to an island in the north Tavewa and stayed a night in the resort of coral view. To get to the islands you have to get off the main boat and onto little wooden power boats that take you to shore where the staff are there to welcome you singing the Bula song which was always nice!!! lay in hammocks and saw how they do the underground cooking. In the evening played strange dancing party games with the staff which was fun but way to energetic when it was still 30+ degrees!!!! so cooled off with a few cocktails!!!

Next resort (long Beach) was the most basic so we had no electricity in our room so it was lucky that they had a nice beach to keep us entertained all day!!! next place was White Sandy Beach where we stayed for 2 nights. Went snorkelling and sunbathed by the resort next doors pool ate and drank lots!!!! They also had party games (which i won - yay me!!!) in the evening which u had to take part in or u didnt get breakfast the next day!!! Visited a local village which was really cool!!! Next place was Manta Ray resort which was a posher place and we got very excited about the tiled shower floor!!! Sunbathed, ate and drank!!!

Last Island was Bounty Island which was by far the nicest we stayed in - we even had the luxury of an air conditioned room!!!! It was the Island where the first series of celebrity love island was filmed which as you can probably imagine i was quite excited about!!! They still have the original pool and the dorm has been stripped and changed into a bar!!! We took a walk down the beach to find the love shack, first found the jetty where the presenters sat so stooped for a quick photo!!! Could not believe it when i saw the love shack though cos it had been totally stripped and was a wreck!!!! took photos anyway then headed back to the pool!!!
Then it was back to the mainland for a quick shower and change and it was off to the airport for my flight to LA!!!

Okj so my intention of making this on short didnt work but hey i had a great time and got a fab tan except now i am having severe issues with skin peeling so looks like i'll still be white when i get home :0( Not long now!!!!

Sorry still no photos - im on rubbish computers but i will add them on eventually!!!

Missing u all loads

Lots of love

Me xxxxx

P.S I have lost my mobile so i cant recieve texts anymore - please email!!! xxxx

Messages:-

Whole family except Brendan - Thank u for my birthday messages!!!! Missed you alot!!!

Brendan - Shame on u!!!!!! :0)







Advertisement



13th April 2007

Your birthday that I didnt miss!
That is soooo unfair. I bet I was the only one in the family who sent you a birthday card.....what do you mean you didnt get it? I put Sinead Grace, care of Arnold Scharzenegger, governor of California, USA. If he didnt get it to you the big man has a lot to answer for!!! I thought we were waiting till you got home, and anyway the internet was down in my road, and anyway my computer was stolen, and then luckily returned a few days later! There's a few excuses - pick whichever one you like the best! Only a week to go and then you can get your mahoosive birthday present - hope your very excited! By the way Meg has broken her leg and has her whole leg in plaster cast - she was dancing on the floor so dont let anyone else tell you she was jumping off the table!! Well see you soon and get home safe. Brendan xxxxx PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
14th April 2007

Hey Sinead, sounds like your still having an amazing time! hope u had a good birthday and you celebrated in style? I've just got back from Spain via a skiing holiday in France. Had so much fun but defo doesnt match your experiences! how long is there to go now? hoping i'll get to see you before i go away again. enjoy the rest of your trip and try not to get lost on the way back! xxx

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb