Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Coral Coast
December 13th 2007
Published: December 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fijian EveningFijian EveningFijian Evening

Our catch for the evening!!
Just to give you an update. After a delay of six hours at Sydney airport we arrived in Fiji at 3.00am. When we awoke at our resort later that morning we realised we had landed in paradise. Fiji is just so beautiful and the weather perfect if you like it hot , we think it must be around 100oF today. We are staying in a super resort called the Hideaway on the Coral Coast and the whole set up is first class, it is quiet here at the moment so we have a big choice of sunbeds and it all feels rather exclusive. We are sleeping in a Bure - "a Fijian house" a high ceilinged dwelling meant to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. We have been lazing by the pool mostly and cooling off with a swim when it gets too hot. We have also been snorkelling again - I think we ought to rename ourselves for the blog as "The Intrepid Flippers" as we have enjoyed it so much.

We have experienced some traditional Fijian ceremonies and entertainment. We have just come back from a Cava Ceremony where you are asked to drink
Hideaway Resort Hideaway Resort Hideaway Resort

Us by the pool
the local brew - naturally we gave it a go and smiled in all the right places but we won,t be trying to bring any back home. We had a good evening last night when we the nearby village folk came to the resort to give us an evening of local song and dance - as you can see Anne & I clicked with two of the locals.......... hope you make them welcome when we bring them home. !!!

We are off at 5.00am tomorrow to New Zealand so that's all for now folks! Got to go and pack - cases are getting heavier!

Good to hear from you Marianne - do hope you will have a good holiday in Bermuda and enjoy Christmas with Sarah.
Hi Julie - thanks for the message, I am sure you will be really busy at school at the moment with Christmas coming up. Glad to hear that you had a good birthday weekend despite the weather. Sorry to hear about Peter - hope he will soon be on the mend. Hope too that all will go well for Mike.
A message from Anne -to all at St Cuthbert Mayne, St
Fijian EveningFijian EveningFijian Evening

All garlanded up and somewhere to go!
Thomas More & Holtsmere Schools- As you will be breaking up next Friday I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a lovely holiday. Hope all is going well with the Christmas festivities.

Be in touch again soon
love Anne & Margaret





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lighting the FiresLighting the Fires
Lighting the Fires

To start off Happy Hour each evening the fires are lit throughout the resort.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb