The Fiji Experience!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nananu I Ra
July 25th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A week on a desserted island....................................................................

Spent the week eating, drinking , sleeping and occassionally trying to catch some rays through the cloudy weather!......................................................
Leaving the island I was up at 6.30am in the morning can you believe!!! It was a real struggle! The boat was at 7.30am but i had to sort my bill out as it all goes onto a tab!!!! (o dear- its dangerous!!!!) Anyway it cost me $260 (same as Nz $) for accom, food, drink, choc(!!!!) and transfers for the week- whats $260 hey!!!!! O and that included a $10 cd of island music!!!- well i had to buy something- id been deprived for a week!!!!!!!

For my second week= A trip around the island of Fiji....................................

We got a local 2hr bus for $9!!!! (£3) The roads were dirt tracks and we went over bridges that were just planks of wood and very narrow!!!!!!! It was great to get the local bus with the locals- they are all very friendly and often a few would want a conversation with you! And the children are just adorable!

We made it to Suva (the capital) in south east of Fiji- its a big smelly dirty city but good to have some kinda civilisation for a bit!!! Had a taxi tour around the city today and thought it was hillarious when he pointed out "the biggest hardware store in Fiji!". Pa!!!!! Was laugh silently so much (if that is possible!!!!) Staying at a hostel and the Fijian Rugby team were staying there- they were just leaving as we checked in. Left Suva the next day- too dirty!

o found these amazing baji looking things which taste great!!!!Going to live off them for few weeks!!!!

Next we spent a couple of days in a place called Korotogo in a beach bungalow dorm.......the weather was rubbish and i was very lucky to not get smacked on the head by flying coconuts because the wind was soooooo strong and it was raining and miserable. But there was one highlight for me and that was the teany tiny village next to our dorm which i visited on one of the sunny hours that we managed to get!!!! Its amazing how these people live, where they live and how happy they are all of the time!! Their houses are corrigated shacks, with livestock tied to the nearest tree and relatives graves in their "front gardens".

xxxxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb