Bula - Its Fiji Time


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
April 27th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fiji


Bula everyone (this means hello and welcome)!!!

It doesn't seem two minutes since we arrived but our two weeks in Fiji are nearly over and then its time for Hawaii and only five weeks until we arrive home! We arrived on the biggest of Fiji's islands; Viti Levu but this is just one of over 300 islands scattered around the South Pacific. We have come to Fiji just to chill out and relax and to take part in what is known as Fiji time! We landed in the country's third largest town; Nadi and stayed for 5 nights down by the beach on the west coast. Apart from being right on the beach and having its own pool, you also got free use of the local golf course. Luke was well excited..... until he got there to find it waterlogged. I managed 3 holes before i'd ran out of balls because i'd lost them on the fairway!!!!

From here we decided to live like a castaway and head to one of the Yasawa Islands. The Yasawa Islands are a chain of 20 ancient islands, famous for the crystal blue lagoons, rugged volcanic landscapes, abundant sunshine and the way to leave civilization. These islands have appeared in such films as the Blue Lagoon (for you old wrinkly's), Castaway (with Tom Hanks) but more famously one of the lower island as Celebrity Love Island!!! We headed to an island called Nacula, right at the top of the island group, about five hours by boat away from Nadi. You know its remote when electricity is only on between 6pm and 10pm!!! We had a small beach front bure made of reeds and wood, only 10 metres from the shoreline. The beach was beautiful, with white sand fringed by reef and numerous hammocks situated along the beach; paradise!!!! So we spent our days snorkeling with the many fish and swinging on a hammock; very relaxing.

After one night back in Nadi we then decided to head down onto the south coast of Viti Levu and to the Coral Coast. Here we stayed at a resort called Mango Bay and once again enjoyed the luxuries of doing nothing. This was a really lovely resort so we decided to treat ourselves and stay in this complex that has won many tourism awards. It had its own pool, was right on the beach in its own bay, had activities if you wanted to join in with them and all the staff were really, really friendly. We've had lots of fun and made many friends. Kate made some coconut jewelery and tried to make a basket which was actually quite good but as yet we've not put anything heavy in it. Luke tried to play football but after 15 mins that was enough!!!

Take care, Luke and Kate xxx

P.S. We came across a deserted Fijian beach and whilst there we got engaged but we'll tell you more when we get back home!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Fore!!Fore!!
Fore!!

But i've not played for 11 months!
Abundant sunshine! Whatever!Abundant sunshine! Whatever!
Abundant sunshine! Whatever!

Tropical rainstorm on Nacula


29th April 2008

congratulations!!!!!!!!
eh there you two! thats great news. i am so thrilled for you. you old romantics. gorgeous ring too.... i want to know how long you'd been carrying that around with you! can't wait to see you. glad to see the photos are up to the usual fantastic standard. fiji beaches arent a patch on ponds forge pool i'll tell ya that for nowt!
1st May 2008

i cant believe that your getting married
hey luke and kate it me chella im sooo happy that you r getting married.i would like to be there with on your holls it looks sooooooo nice!!! cant wait too see you love chella ps hope your having a great time
13th May 2008

Congratulations
Hi you two. So pleased you have got engaged.Looking forward to celebrating when you come home. Well done Luke , you've got one of the best there, and Katie,..ditto! Hope you had a great time with Pam and Chris (said through gritted teeth) Lots of love godma

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb