Lay-Over in Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
February 16th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

LAX --> Nadi, Fiji

Layover in Fiji helped break up the trip out to Sydney.

We made it! After 10 hours on an incredibly cramped plane with 2 middle seats, a few glasses of wine, and some tylenol PM, we landed in Fiji at 5:30 am. Since they refused to check our bags through to Sydney for our 6:30pm flight , we left the customs area with all of our wordly possesions and decided that renting a car for the day would be the best choice (the public bus with 200 lbs of boxes seemed unmanageable). With an opportunity to get some practice driving on the left side of the road, we took off from the airport in an economy 4WD car trying to follow the flow of traffic. We found a mince meat pie for breakfast at the "Hot Bread Kitchen" and then kept on our way to Natadola Beach (about 1 hour south). After a few swerves back into the left hand lane and a few wrong turns we made it to a deserted Natadola beach. We spent the day sunbathing, testing out our snorkels, turning down horse back rides and jewelry from small fijian children, finding exotic shells, sampling Fiji Bitter and the local fare, finding (or making) shade wherever we could, and sleeping off our jetlag.

Fiji is fantastic and definitely a perfect lay-over on the long flight to Sydney!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

GorgeousGorgeous
Gorgeous

Natadola Beach "Parking Lot"


1st March 2008

Pretty cool guys. Looks like you have the island to yourself once you get out of the downtown area.
5th May 2008

fiji
Don't see enough stupid comments up here from your friends who spent the better part of a decade trying to get a degree... (actually i think that is just me)... a fiji trip needed a comment from a fiji brother! This all looks incredible! I am scared of planes, sharks, and all foreigners... so maybe a visit to break in that pull out couch is just what i need!

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb