BULA!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands » Mana Island
January 22nd 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bula from Fiji!

We arrived safe and sound on Thursday morning, stayed on the main land in Nadi for one night visiting the mud pools during the day but then an early night ready for the Yasaw Flyer to the Blue Lagoon Beach Resort on friday morning which is on Nacula Island, the furthest island of the Yasawa group. We arrived just in time for lunch to an amazing Fijian welcome. This place can only be described as paradise - the beach was so beautiful, the staff were so friendly and not busy which was perfect. Yesterday we visited some limestone caves, the first of which was open so the sun shone through, the second was closed and you had to swim under water for 10 seconds to get into it! And once you were, you couldn't see a thing but it was amazing! We then had a traditional Fijian dinner called Lovo which is cooked in an underground oven with the local Fijian village from Nacula coming to sing and dance to us. The night was finished with a bonfire on the beach - perfect.

This morning (sunday) we went to the nacula village for Church and to see their houses. Quite surreal but very interesting even though we couldn't understand a word. We had to dodge to wild pigs on the way off the beach! We then caught the Yasawa flyer at lunch to Bounty island where we write to you from. We are only here for one night and it is ok but anywhere would be difficult to follow after Blue Lagoon. Tomorrow morning we head to Mana Island for 4 nights (for the price of 3 😉 ) which is meant to be very nice.



Hope you are all well and extremely jealous. Lots of love, speak soon.



Rachel and Kathryn xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb