Our Warm Up


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
April 16th 2006
Published: May 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The thought of 3 Months holiday straight, sounded just too stressful for us :-). So off to Rarotonga with the family for 8 days of Rest and Relaxation to prepare psychologically for the big event.

We stayed at the Sunset Resort (which is worth a trip if you get to Rarotonga) and got upgraded to beach front units! The resort is brand new after being rebuilt after the Hurricane.

One of the first things we did was go to the Ministry of Transport to get our licence. The sign says it all.

The days were spent enjoying the sun, swimming (mel spent a lot of time either in the pool or on the side with her book), and snorkeling (take bread with you'll love how the fish swarm arround you). The evenings had amazing sunsets as the setting for evening drinks followed by great food at a good range of restaurants (check out the Windjammer restaurant for a great meal, loved that seafood salad though Tim loved it more, 3 times in 3 visits).

Wednesday night was a highlight with Tim getting down on bended knee at sunset and asking Mellissa to marry her, and of course she said yes! Thanks guys it was great to be part of such a special occasion.

The rest of the week continued the same, and we feel like we are probably ready to tackle the big event. Just 7 More days of work to go!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb