It's a hard life...


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
February 7th 2006
Published: February 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

What a busy few days we have had in our tropical paradise. We have been busy snorkelling, kayaking and cycling. The snorkelling is excellent and we have been nearly every day. There are so many fish and they are really colourful. Our favourite is the Picasso triggerfish which really looks like Picasso painted it. As well as the fish there are hundreds if not thousands of sea cucumbers as well as the occasional massive blue starfish. All very groovy.

We hired bikes on Monday and went for a cycle around the Southern and southwesterly part of the Island. We decided against going all the way round as we did not think we would make it! The cycle was great though and we passed some lovely beaches. We visited a couple of CICC churches en route. Rarotonga is a very religious place and we saw a lot of churches considering the size of the island and the population. We also found a cash point which was a big relief as there seem to be a bit of a rarity here (why did no one tell us this before we got here?) and we were running dangerously low on cash! It was a great day although we were so sore by the end of it.

Off to LA tonight. It will be a shame to leave the Pacific. Lets hope The States are good and not too cold!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb