Hollywood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
February 10th 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are in the US of A! We got here on Wednesday after an overnight flight from Rarotonga which included a 2 hour stop off in Tahiti. It could have been nice if it wasn’t 2am in the morning!

We are staying in Hollywood. After recovering from the flight we went and explored. We saw the Hollywood sign, Hollywood Boulevard with all the stars in the street and the Chinese Theatre with the hand and foot prints of the stars. I was pleased to find that “The Simpsons” had a star. Tim was shocked to find that John Wayne had such small feet!

Yesterday we went to Universal studios which was excellent. They have some great rides (we went on ‘The Mummy’ five times) and lots of shows that tell you how special effects are done etc. The studio tour was especially good and we saw lots of sets including Bates Motel from Psycho, Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives and lots of streets that have been used in loads of films. I also got to meet shrek!

Today we did a bit of last minute shopping and wandering before heading to LAX to catch our flight. As the Oscars are less than a month away there was a special display at the Kodak Theatre where we got the chance to see the Oscar statuettes that will be handed out this year. We also got to hold one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb