Last days in Paradise


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
January 23rd 2009
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jerry & DanielaJerry & DanielaJerry & Daniela

Enjoying a glass of Spumante after renewing their wedding vows.
Since our last blog regarding the Cross Island Trek, two Americans have been lost whilst doing the crossing. A 30 strong mountain rescue team were called out and the Americans were found huddled together at 8.00 am the next day.

Next door to us we have had a Czeckoslovak couple, Jerry and Daniela. Jerry is a civil engineer and Daniela an aneesth aneasph - a doctor who puts you to sleep. They have lived in California for about 8 years. They are both always happy and Jerry always loud. Last Sunday they decided to renew their marriage vows at a local church and got dressed up for the occasion. We did not attend the ceremony but shared in a celebratory bottle of Spumanti with them later. They are a lovely couple and we were sad to see them leave as we enjoyed several nice evenings with them, although we could only just understand their strong accents.

Of our last 10 days the weather has been a disappointment. We have had few days of any sun, indeed no sun at all for the last, Michelle is downcast that she has lost so much of her tan and unlikely to top it up in the USA.

We managed a good day snorkelling, although there was no sun and a few drops of rain (great for Terry). We took lots of photos and video underwater, however the poor water clarity made most of them unusable.

More showers on our last full day, but we will find our way to town (Avarua), have a lovely cappuccino each and post this blog.

Barack Obama here we come, if we can afford the exchange rate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.63s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb