Our Stay in the Cook Islands...


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
March 23rd 2007
Published: March 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Took us a few days to adjust to Island Life after LA... But we have adapted to the island lifestyle, just about!!!

We have done... A visit to the Cultural Village, the island market, the local church to hear the singing and have managed to get up early enough to see the Sunrise!!

On Monday we flew to Aitutaki, one of the smaller islands, which made Raro seem quite cosmopolitan in comparison. It is only 15km around the island and only has 1700 people who live on the island!! We had a day exploring the island on scooters, which was great fun. Although Holly Hat had a slight mishap and thought she would make her mark by falling off her scooter! Not entirely sure how she managed it and looking back we can laugh about it - was quite entertaining!!!! We experienced our first official island night at a place called, Samade on the Beach - we tasted the local cuisine (which I'm still not too keen on but slowly adapting) and saw the locals dancing with costumes. The best bit was our lagoon cruise, which allowed us to do some snorkelling and visit One Foot Island and Honeymoon island. We even had the chance to cruise past the islands where they film both Shipwrecked and Survivor. It was great fun and we are now looking forward to doing some more snorkelling in both Fiji and Oz...

We are heading off to Fiji today, well technically leave at 1am in the early hours of Sat... Not looking forward to the fact that we will be loosing a day, especially because it is a Saturday!! Think we are both excited for a change of scenery - different palm trees!!! Not looking forward to the fact that it may rain for the next 7days as it is currently the raining season and from what we have heard the weather hasn't been great lately!!

Sending lots of love to everyone,
Love Hol and Nic xx

P.S. we are still in the stage of trying to get some pics on here but it's kinda tricky since we have gone back to basics. Hopefully once we have progressed onwards from Fiji and arrive in Auckland we will have the opportunity to sort something out (fingers crossed)!!!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Room with a view...Room with a view...
Room with a view...

(This was the view we looked at every morning) 1 word - amazing!!! :)
AitutakiAitutaki
Aitutaki

We snorkelled here!
Cultural VillageCultural Village
Cultural Village

Lesson on how to open a Coconut


24th March 2007

sounds fantastic
Hey Nic, can't believe that your actually so far away!! hehe.. but sounds like your having a wicked time --- any chance of seeing you in miami ?? :) best wishes girls, can't wait to see pics XXX
24th March 2007

Oh my god- sounds like you guys are having such a good time- soooo wish I was there. It's cold and euwy here... want the summer to start!!! Have fun in Fiji and dance in the rain :-) -x-
27th March 2007

Wow!!! The photo's are amaaazzzing... paradise! Lucky lucky... X
27th March 2007

ooh, never realised I could add comments, how cool is that! beautiful pics girls, where are the ones with you in bikinis tho? xx
8th April 2007

My word Nic, seems you're having an amazing time! I am really so envious!!! enjoy each day and take the most from each moment! Luv Trace:)

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb