Towards Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 22nd 2014
Published: March 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the wheat fields and heading for the coast north of Perth, country getting a little hilly and tall gum trees replaced by low growth shrubs and banksia. Guilderton was our first sighting of the Indian Ocean.looks like the Sunshine Coast about 10 or 20 years ago. Traveling north through low growth shrubs, small hills and huge snow white sand dunes. Very small villages, some just shacks and not much else. Fellow travelers told us about Anchor Bay freebie so we pulled in for the night, down a short dirt road, in amongst the shrub covered dunes, we found a beautiful little sheltered spot for the night. All to ourselves. Just the bees for company. They seemed to like a beer. Sunset over the ocean, wow. Through the night the wind came up and sand filtered through our windows. I expected to be part of a sand dune in the morning. Not so, however it was pretty windy, so we left early and drove onto Cliff Head for breakfast with the wind and flies. Scenery hadn't changed all along the beach road so we decided to head back to Perth down the inland road. Thought we would stop at Yanchep at a freebie, however, building has taken over and the freebie is no longer. so instead, we pulled into the Karringup Waters Resort in northern suburbs of Perth. Today we arrived at Coogee Beach Park, South Fremantle. Heather and Luella brought Geralda and Darren over for a quick visit. Great to see them again. Then Junior & Ray Thompson came for a visit. We will probably stay here for a few days and have a good look around Perth.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb