Central Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 26th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes we think we are trying to cram in a little too much into the limited time we have. At the time of booking our flights nearly a year ago we didn't give too much thought to how much time we need in each place.

After a whistle stop tour of Kakadu we flew to Alice Springs in order to tick another of the "must sees" off the list. After a couple of days in Alice Springs we were up at 5am (no sleep-ins for Brian on this trip - maybe he'll get some when he returns to work!) for a 3 day trip to Kings Canyon, the Olgas and Ayers Rock (Uluru).

This trip involved more camping for Lisa - only this time the tent has been ditched and replaced with a swag (guess who's pick this trip was). The camp was in the middle of nowhere; we cooked on and slept round a fire on the first night. With the hair dryer and GHDs safely packed away, Lisa found comfort in her eye mask and ear plugs whilst Brian marvelled at the stars, pissing Lisa off in the process by noisily taking pictures all night.

All three sights were impressive in their own right. Kings Canyon was the only sight we could climb without offending the aboriginal people. We found Uluru equally as impressive - the photos just do not do it justice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Night skyNight sky
Night sky

...much to Lisa's annoyance under the eyemask!


1st April 2009

Camping
Trying to outdo the Senior Denyers huh!!! We had canvass round our sleeping bag.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb