Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 20th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On to Australia, i will have to admit i am severly behind on this blog but i sure been busy.
As its more western here i dont really have to explain much - woo hooo

We did the usual thing the east coat and did pretty much everything you could do.
At first we hired a car and of course called it Bronson, he was a mean machine and had an engine to match.

We visted Bondi Beach, Byron bay, Caloundra the quietest pace in the world and eventually arrived at hervey Bay.

Here we went whale watching and two humpbacks came right up alongside the boat, i wasnt allowed in - Boo Hoo.
The largest sand island in the world is also here, Fraser Island - was pretty cool and our guide terry was amazing and as usual we have saved some memorable quotes and adopted his accent.

Next we visited Airlie beach and sailed the Whitsundays, beautiful place and some hardcore sailing envolving trying to race the former fastest yahct in the world whilst listening to Pantera.

Yes there are Kangaroos in Australia and yes you mainly see them dead on the road side, hundreds, and they are huge so its not a pretty sight.
After a Stop in cairns chilling by the lagoons me and adam hired a camper, we named it Amed, just like Bali it was not what we expected but had a great time.
You could not imagine the size of the smiles on our faces when we saw a Dingo.
Not only because it was the first and last one we ever saw but it was dead on the roadside and was the first time was saw road kill that wasnt a kangaroo.

Me and adam headed back to Airlie Beahc to find the Guys who took us on the sailing trip, we had gotten along with them really well and when we found them they asked us out on the boat again.
they charged us 50 dollars instead of the usual 300!
We saw dolphins, whales, jelly fish, a sea snake and laods of turtles.
Its hard to get up close to a turtle, we saw laods but never close enough until our last dive when there was a huge rock swimming above the coral whilst we were snorkelling.
It turned out to be a turtle so i had to swim down and give it a pat on the back - Awesome.

Whilst on the wildlife subject we visisted Steve irwins Zoo / steve irwin shrine, it was good although a little sad.

Our last few days were spent in Brisbane, our room mate was called twiggy, he had probably been in jail and was nuts but you could trust him with your life.
It turned out his brother played for Australia rubgy team for 11 years.

A month of Australia short and sweet, jam packed driving, campervaning in alligator creek, crocodile hunting and a couple beers.

The End


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb