The Watergate Hotel has arrived!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 21st 2007
Published: May 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have completed stage one our preparations and finally purchased our vehicle and Jayco Expander. We previously mentioned that the best combination was a Toyota Landcruiser and Jayco Expander Outback Van, well the Landcruiser option has had a few modifications due to purchase price and is now turned into a 2001 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel. We bought it for a great price and having travelled only 145000 km it is only just broken in. We will need to make a few modifications to it along the way to make it perfect. Already we have removed the front passenger bucket seat and replaced it with a seat and a half (same as the one found in the Nissan ute) so Captain Samuel can control the operation from the front and thus avoid many an argument with the big sisters in the back. He is very impressed with the view and the fact that he can read the GPS (fondly named "Dora the Explorer") to let dad know which way to go next.

As for the Watergate Hotel it is superb. We collected it from Watsons Caravans in Coffs Harbour on the 18th of May and stayed in it that very weekend for two nights before travelling home and parking it outside the house on the front lawn. When we arrived home no one wanted to go in the house so we set it up and spent the night in the Van.
Everything about it is what we expected, it towed very well and inside there is heaps of room for everyone. The beds are comfy and the air conditioning was great when the nights got cool. The kids love the TV and I love the kitchen and the lack of housework. Steve is always walking around the rig checking things out and working out where he is going to put everything. We set it up in about 15 - 20 minutes and pull down and pack up takes about 30min inside and out, we hope to improve on this before 2008. So many a weekend away is planned but for now it's head down and working on the house to get it on the market by September 2007.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb