Brisbane and Cairns - Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane SkylineBrisbane SkylineBrisbane Skyline

On the way to the cricket.
After Mum left us in Brisbane to fly home to sunny old England we bumped in to some of the people from the Kiwi experience. Quite strange how we all ended up in the same place at the same time. We had a few fun nights together including Australia day! Was quite funny seeing all the pissed up locals and foreigners dressed up with flags, hats etc.

After a few days we flew North to Cairns which was incredibly hot and humid. Even when it rained (which was quite regularly) it was still boiling. As it was too hot to do anything else we decided we'd learn to Scuba Dive (as you do!). After a couple of days in a class room and swimming pool we went on a liveaboard boat on the Great Barrier Reef. After a few dives we became certified Open Water Scuba Divers and we were free to go diving on our own! We took an underwater digital camera and managed to get a few good photos.

After a week in Cairns it was time to fly back to Brisbane. We managed to see some more cricket. We went to the Gabba and saw England
Harold on Australia day!Harold on Australia day!Harold on Australia day!

Harold the mad Canadian! As you can see people are still in bed. That's because he went to the pub at about 10am and bought enough beer to get his free flag and hats! He was pissed pretty early!
V NZ in the one dayers (the decider to see who would play Australia in the final) but unfortunately we missed the end as we had to fly out to Singapore!!

So that pretty much rounds up our travels in Oz. On to Asia....


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The old Kiwi crew (again!)The old Kiwi crew (again!)
The old Kiwi crew (again!)

Australia day spent in an English pub!
Our Scuba Buddys!Our Scuba Buddys!
Our Scuba Buddys!

James with Jo and Robbie on our liveaboard boat. We met them in Cairns and we decided to do the diving together. Was a good laugh.
Night Diving!Night Diving!
Night Diving!

Not us but we did do it after we qualified. Quite a scary experience. All you can see is what is in your torch beam!
We found nemo!We found nemo!
We found nemo!

He's not really that hard to find in all fairness.
Sea Turtle.Sea Turtle.
Sea Turtle.

What a quality photo. Unfortunately Robbie took it and not me!
Me and a fish!Me and a fish!
Me and a fish!

I think it's me at least. Can't remember what type of fish it is. Butterfly or Bat fish or something like that!
Coral and fishCoral and fish
Coral and fish

Tiny piece of the Great Barrier reef!
My Toad Racing friendMy Toad Racing friend
My Toad Racing friend

On the night out when we got back from the liveaboard we joined a pub crawl and there was a toad race. Unfortunately I'm not as lucky with toads as I am with crabs! (Note: I had a bit of a beard at this point! Got on my nerves though so it didn't last!)
Cricket at the GabbaCricket at the Gabba
Cricket at the Gabba

The day night match between England and NZ.


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb