Melbourne Aquarium


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 13th 2012
Published: August 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne aquarium which is located in central business district near Yarra River is a popular tourist attraction. It is home to some of the most fascinating aquatic creatures which are found in the depths of the oceans.

The aquarium is divided into four sections. Each section has something unique to offer to thousands of tourist who visit the place every year. The most fascinating place there is the Antarctica section where the tourists get to feel the rough climate of that continent. They can also see Penguins playing and roaming freely. Watching penguins playing is truly amazing.

The aquarium looks small from the outside but once a person gets into the aquarium, then they realize how big the aquarium is. Most of the aquarium is built underground and is approximately twenty meters below the sea level.

The authorities at the aquarium have tried their best to help the visitors with any kind of information they wish to seek. Tourists who do not wish to hire a tour guide can also enjoy the aquarium through a self guided tour which assists the tourist at all the four sections.

The first section or at the ground level, tourist can check out caves, mangroves, giant crabs, Japanese spider crabs and sea dragons. Watching all these creatures closely is truly a wonderful experience.

At the next level tourists get to see different kinds of octopus. Watching these eight legged creature swimming from one place to another is truly awesome. This level also has a special area for kids where they can play and have some fun.

The next level or B-2 level has a Shark conservation project which is funded by the BHP Billiton Group. It also has an animal nursery, oceanarium and an ocean theater. Tourists can also take a shark walk, where they can get inside the aquarium and get close to stingrays, sharks and other aquatic creatures. The shark walker experience is extremely popular among the tourist community.

If shark walk does not excite you then you can go for shark dive where you come face to face with some of the deadliest sharks of the planet. Tourist can dive into the 2.2 million liter oceanarium and watch sharks swimming very close to them.

Shark feeding is another popular attraction at the aquarium. Professional divers feed the shark two times a day. Besides shark feeding tourist can also touch aquatic creatures like star fish at the rock pool.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb