More driving


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
October 17th 2010
Published: October 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lately we have been doing lots of driving, driving and more driving.
We went to the Eyre Peninsula which was beautiful and we will go back there when it is not rainy.
We crossed the Nullarbor Plains. It means ‘Treeless Plains’. It was very flat. We saw lots and lots of wombat holes. The wombat holes were big, small, medium size and all other sizes. They were like tunnels and they didn’t want to get harmed by enemies so they burrowed underground and they made burrows to their friends houses. Some holes were as big as me.
On our second night on the Nullarbor we found the perfect place to camp and had a big campfire. I put some brush on the fire and it burnt up really high, about 3cm higher than myself. All the mallee roots we put on meant that there were still lots of coals in the morning so we put the toaster on there and put some bread on there, the toast was the best toast we cooked.
We were driving along the Great Australian Bight and we found a little pull in place where we stopped for lunch. We were near the border of WA where we couldn’t take fresh food across it so we made a lemon juice and ate the rest of our cucumber and avocado. Then we went on a little adventure. We went down the hill to the edge of the cliffs. Dad and I were walking when we saw a piece of wood that looked interesting and dad said oh look at that piece of wood. We looked at it for about a minute and then we started walking again. It was really windy at the Great Australian Bight. I had to wear my jacket because it was so cold. There were blow holes at the bottom.
At another place we stopped off along the Great Australian Bight we a saw a whale. It looked small because we were so high up on the cliffs.
At the border crossing into WA we only had 2 onions and a jar of honey to hand over. There was a little garage where people examined your car or bus to check you weren’t taking anything you weren’t supposed to into WA.
Next we went to Esperance where it was finally sunny again. The weather was beautiful and we went riding along the sea.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb