On the farm in Manjimup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 11th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 8th - Wednesday 11th March 2009

Approaching Manjimup near noon we felt it rude to arrive right on lunch time so instead went into Manjimup where we enjoyed an all day breakfast at the little cafeteria in the main street with old fashioned lace curtains in the window. We weren’t alone - there were lots of (other?) grey nomads enjoying a variety of food.

Arriving at Julie and Rupert’s property we found them almost finished lunch so we joined them in a cup of coffee. The rest of the afternoon was spent on little jobs. In the early evening the men went marronning in the dam. Julie and Judy could see them from the house selecting the 4 best marron from the 10 they quickly caught.

Over the next couple of days the men spent the mornings building a sheep race as part of a sheep pen that Rupert had planned. The women cooked, checked and fed hay to the cows (Judy riding the quad bike). We went for lunch to Jarrah Jack’s in Pemberton on Monday but were disappointed with the offerings. Rags complained to the chef about the fish which was thin, dry and overcooked. This resulted in Julie, Rupert and Rags having to wait while more fish was cooked. This time it was much better!

Our first evening was spent playing “Upwords”. Judy managed to scrape a win this time but couldn’t manage to repeat the victory the following afternoon when just she and Julie played. Julie, being an ex English teacher and one who enjoys “Scrabble” is a formidable opponent!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Julie loves these cows.Julie loves these cows.
Julie loves these cows.

The Mama cows are just about to calve. In fact, one had the night before but she didn't come near us!


Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 121; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb