Norseman (Thursday 24th April - Friday 25th April)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 25th 2008
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

By the end of the day we had left behind another 730km of road with no notable stops except for the mandatory icy pole break ($3.10 for a chocolate bar and $4.00 for a 300ml juice at Caiguna). We arrived at Norseman at about 4.30pm and headed straight for the supermarket to buy some fresh fruit and veg. After that we decided to treat ourselves to a night at the caravan park and to 5 very overdue showers (Our last showers had been on Sat 19th - mind you we kept clean filing the 5 of us through the mandatory evening bucket wash - good water conservation!).
After a good night’s sleep we awoke to the sound of the Bugle announcing the Anzac Day Dawn Service. We then took a quick tour of Norseman, a historical gold mining town. Over 5 million ounces of gold have been taken out of Norseman - wish we could have found ourselves some of that!! The girls enjoyed a morning stretch running around and sliding down the ramps at the skate park, and riding on the town’s horse statue. The Tin Camels that sit in the centre of Norseman’s main street look fantastic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb