Touring South of Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safely in Perth and picked up camper van - very small and had a few problems with the automatic gears - like I couldn't get it in gear and kept holding up the traffic at embarrassing moments. Got to the stage where we were going to take it back and say it was faulty until some kind man worked out that you had to have your foot on the brake to put it in gear - well no-one ever told me! Needless to say after this it went like a dream.

At Bunbury we swam with dolphins - just - they weren't too interested in us, but did see one swim right under us which was rather special. It was a rather cold day - by Aussie and English standards!

From Bunbury we went onto Busselton which was gorgeous and where we had our first proper feel of Aussies sunshine!We walked the Busselton jetty and went to an amazing underwater observatory at the end of it where we saw lots of colouful fish big and small (but no sharks thank goodness!)

Our next stop was Cowaramump - which we had much difficulty in pronouncing (but were reassured
Busselton JettyBusselton JettyBusselton Jetty

Nah nah nah nah - are you jealous?
by some Aussies that they did too). There we surrounded by many vine yards where we bought a gorgeous 1 bottle of rose wine which me and Su managed to last us a few days (the rebels that we are). We also spent a day driving around all the different food tasting places there were in the area. Our favourite was the Margaret River Chocolate Company (mmmmmmmmmmm).

From Cowaramump we went to Augusta- right on the southern coast on Western Australia. We only spent one night here but thr following day we had a tour of the local caves. One of the caves we visted was Giant caves which was self guided. We had this huge cave to ourselves (except for a man sweeping down there!) and only a small torch each to guide the wat. It was fairly challenging -climbing up high ladders and trying to hoist ourselves through small holes but it was definately worth it. Our last few days where spent near Pemberton where we did a Tree Top Walk and Su and Kieran climbed a 60m fire tree!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb