All good things must come to an end!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Wandering
October 12th 2013
Published: October 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have an early start to the last day of our holiday and make the decision to head back to Downtown Disney, for a bit of last minute shopping along with the opportunity to feel that Disney magic again before hopping on a plane and flying home. A late lunch at Taco Bell (Oliver's last holiday request!) and a fair few hours spent packing suitcases (definitely a fine art involved in getting those suckers zippered up!) Shuttle from the hotel to LAX and a couple of hours to fill in before the long haul flight, Los Angeles to Melbourne, 15 hours of flying time (it just sounds so wrong doesn't it??!!) A much more pleasant flight for Oliver and I as we manage to sleep literally half of the time away (Bradley fills the hours with movie after movie after movie!) We arrive in Melbourne, collect luggage, make our way through customs, and board another plane bound for Perth. We touch down just before 2.30pm Saturday afternoon, exactly 34 days after we left, and are greeted by smiling family members. We share lots of hugs and a few stories and have an early night, before picking up our beloved Mudpie from the kennels and hit the road Sunday morning. The rolling green hills and pastures of Wandering welcome us home.

So as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end", and at an end is where we now find ourselves my friends. Thank you so much for joining us on our once in a lifetime journey. This trip has truly been such a wonderful family experience, with so many precious memories (not to mention the thousands of photos too!) and we have loved sharing the magic of it all along the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb