Splash n' Dash with Rockingham Tri-club


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rockingham
March 9th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Splash n' Dash -  Rockingham Tri-clubSplash n' Dash -  Rockingham Tri-clubSplash n' Dash - Rockingham Tri-club

Friday evening fun event - great way to start the weekend!
Our new friends, Josh and Tiffany invited us to come to their Splash n' Dash on Friday evening. What a wonderful way to unwind after a week in the office - jump into the Indian Ocean for a 300 meter swim and finish with a 4km run on the oceanside path. All the children in the tri-club went first, in age groups with appropriate distances. Is it any wonder their children are great swimmers with a warm ocean in their front yard? It helps of course, the parents are all healthy role models.

I was the last adult - yes, the very last adult to finish those teeny-tiny 300 meters in that balmy Indian Ocean. A few kind spectators politely waited and cheered me on as I transitioned into the run. I was ecstatic to be swimming in a warm ocean at 6:00pm without a shiver - without any goose bumps. With every stroke I thought - this is what I came for, I can hardly believe I am doing this.

The Rockingham tri-club presented us with souvenir T-shirts with their logo which we will proudly wear on our runs at home. We cycled to the event and then
Ken  with another  competitor Ken  with another  competitor Ken with another competitor

Friday evening Splash 'n Dash (Ken has no shirt.)
we biked home at dusk with ample energy. Yes, we have overcome the jet-lag slump.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Not the last one - the others are far behind!Not the last one - the others are far behind!
Not the last one - the others are far behind!

Last in the swim but caught up on the run segment!


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb