Connecting with Rockingham Tri-athletes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Rockingham
March 7th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Josh, Ken & Tiffany start their morning ride Josh, Ken & Tiffany start their morning ride Josh, Ken & Tiffany start their morning ride

Thank you, Josh & Tiffany for letting us ride your road bikes.
In planning from Canada, we had emailed the Rockingham Tri-Club and received an enthusiastic response from Josh, the club president. He said to drop by when we arrived and invited us to join in a couple of events.

So we grabbed a map, and hopped on the bikes our hosts graciously provided for us. We stopped at an intersection to get our bearings and as we rotating the map a very athletic runner taps Ken on the shoulder and smiles.

Welcome to Australia - you must be Ken ! I'm Josh - from Rockingham Tri-Club.


We are mildly astonished - these kind of things seem to happen quite often!

We tell Josh we were looking for his house. He has finished his 20 km run and invites us to follow him to his house. His wife, Tiffany is also a tri-athlete and between the two of them they have completed 5 Ironman races. Now they have 3 young daughters so they only do the Half-Ironman distances. They invite us to join them for a 40 km bike ride in the morning.

Ken came totally prepared, he packed his clip-in cycling shoes in his carry-on bag. He is pumped to go! I have not yet learned to use clip-in shoes so I opt
Dream Bike to RideDream Bike to RideDream Bike to Ride

Thank you Tiffany for letting me use your bike.
out and will do my own morning ride on the paved paths which wind around the shoreline.

We asked Josh how he randomly recognized us on the street corner since he had not seen a previous photo. He smiled - "who else would be looking at an upside-down map... and your legs are kind of white - whiter than ours." What a laugh ... we need to blend in! Got to do something about our skinny white legs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Biking in Point Peron Biking in Point Peron
Biking in Point Peron

Point Peron Beach behind me


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb