Calling on the Cops!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 30th 2015
Published: January 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Calling on the CopsCalling on the CopsCalling on the Cops

Looking out at the Indian Ocean
Calling on the Cops 30/12/2016

Jim one of our UK visitors is a PCSU which is basically a community support officer, in the West Midlands, I think Briefly Hill rings a bell with me and Jim if you do read this blog I do hope it is accurate.

Basically a PCSO is a uniformed civilian member of police support staff in England and Wales. They are non-warranted but are provided with a variety of police powers and the power of a Constable in various instances, by the forty-three territorial police forces in England and Wales or the British Transport Police which is the only special police force to employ PCSOs.(Thanks Wikipedia)

So Jim worked with a lady PCSO in the UK who came to live in Australia and strangely enough ended up living in Mundurah Jim& John) “its pronounced MAN-DRA”, and not as it is written.

Jim had been in contact with Beck and a reunion was set in place.

We all set aside the day and drove to Mandurah which is about 60 k’s down the freeway, with the girls in the girly car and us boys in the boys car.

We arrived at Beck’s address by about 10.00 am and parked and all piled out, I love the suburb of Mandurah, the only thing against it is it is just to fay away from the city and even though there is a good rail link it would take me 40 minutes to work and Caroline about an hour and a half.

So after the initial hugs and kisses, it was clear to see that Jim and Beck appreciated seeing each other again, even though I didn’t know how long it was since she had left the UK.

Again the weather was ramping up to be really hot and Beck asked if we could switch the BBQ On as she was unfamiliar with it and we could all have some breakfast, what an awesome idea that was, and in the blink of an eye, the BBQ was lit and warming up nicely whilst bacon and buns were being brought out from the kitchen, I stepped up to the offer of doing breakfast and soon, the bacon buns were rolling out to their hungry recipients.

After our breakfast we sat for a while then had a grand tour of the new house
Calling on the CopsCalling on the CopsCalling on the Cops

A Fiat 500 with cool Eye Lashes
that Beck and her son lived in, it had been built to a design required by Beck and it was finished really well.

It was about 11.30 when we took a walk down to the beach for a paddle, this was probably the first time our UK Visitors (John and Hilary and Jim and Dawn) had been paddling in the Indian ocean.

Caroline and Hilary and Dawn all had a paddle, Jim was dead set against it and as we walked and talked we also took photo’s of our day out, the scenery was magnificent and the weather was just gorgeous.

We walked along the beach, then picked up the road along the posh costal front houses back to Beck’s place as her son wanted to go down to Mandurah foreshore and get ice-cream another first class idea!

Again we all piled in to the cars and followed Beck down to the foreshore its an area that is well known to Caroline and I as we used to come down hear when we were sitting a house for six months in Greenfields and also the house in San Remo, both very close to where we were.

The cars were parked and we walked the short distance along the front to Baskin Robbins and was the fist time I have tried this ice Cream Companies products and I have to say I thought it was really good, everyone had a variation which was nice.

We sat and watched the world go by and eventually realised it was nearly 5.00pm, so we had to go back to Beck’s grab our stuff then hit the road as we had about an hours driving back to where we all were staying in Forrestfield.

Just after a little after six pm we got home and put the BBQ on, as we were hungry, we had brought some lamb and steak and I cooked up what we had whilst the girls prepared the salad.

Flick the Beagle and Ricky the Rottweiler had to be fed and once they were done everyone could concentrate on having our evening meal.

It had been a really busy day, so we sat for a while and had a drink outside then it was off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

Heading back after our walk, to Beck's House
Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

Hilary trying to get that shot!
Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

Caroline enjoying her day
Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

The Gang heading for the beach
Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

Western Australia beach in Mandurah on the Indian Ocean
Calling on the CopsCalling on the Cops
Calling on the Cops

Ah, just a couple of love birds


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb