Sunday 6th Feb. 2011 Travelling to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
February 5th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start to the day, with the car picking us up from the hotel at 05:45 to take us to Changi Airport. There were still revellers on the streets of Singapore as we made our way to the airport.

Checking in with business class at the Qantas desk was a breeze, with a separate lounge for check in, this was the first time that I had sat down at an airport check-in!

We were at the airport for 6:30, but our flight was not until 09:00. This unfortunately gave us time to spend in the extensive duty free shopping at Changi Airport. Diane was itching to spend at one of the shoe shops, but unfortunately they did not have her size (tee-hee!).

Qantas flight from Singapore to Perth was excellent, enjoyed some good food and watched a movie “Wall Street – Money never sleeps”.

Landed in Australia and proceeded through customs without problem. We noticed a lot of smoke on the hillside as we landed. It turned out that there was a bush fire that destroyed a good number of homes on the hills around Perth
We were met by Graham at the airport and taken to his house just north of Perth.

Spent some time unpacking and having a few beers and catching up, before going for dinner at a local pub, where there was entertainment on an Irish theme.
We turned in early and both slept extremely well after a long day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb