Getting ready to leave Australia for now.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 25th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all
To date:
Car has travelled 46,102 klm
Van has travelled 24,511 klm
We have stayed in 163 different campsites to date.

We have had our van serviced and warrantee issues dealt with - we now have new foam in our lounge seats and a redone seat back. It took 2 days, but the van looks much better, and is certainly more comfortable to sit in. The guys were perfectionists and very efficient. But, we had to spend 2 days with no place to go all day, waiting for them to ring and say it was ready. Yesterday we had 34 degrees, so spent most of the time in air conditioned malls. We printed photos, I got a haircut, we even went to the movies the first day, and looked around the shops. But by the second day we had done shops! We bought a paper, sat at the foodhall and read it from front to back!
On Sunday we went east about 150 klms to Beverley to the excellent Avondale Harvest Festival. We saw demonstrations of all equipment for harvesting dating back to horse and cart days to present time. There were lots of animals there , including draught horses, Clydesdale horses, miniature horses, stock horses and ordinary ponies giving rides, sheep, dogs, donkeys, rabbits, emus, chooks, ducks, alpacas, camel rides, etc etc. There were lots of vintage cars and trucks, vintage farming equipment, caravans, stationary engines, etc. There were craft displays including lots of patchwork quilts. Two bands played, one a Swiss type band of about 20 mainly percussion instruments were a real hoot, they had 3 trombones, 2 trumpets, 1 sax, bongo drums, maraccas, cymbols, lots of different drums, and even a guitar covered with corrigated iron that was played with a stick.
The big sheds had craft stalls, pizza making demonstrations, grain identification, etc etc . There was just so much to see. A blacksmith was making horseshoes, and the Lions had food stalls. An amazing happening place to be, very well organised, the day ran to the timetable. We had a great time there.
On the way home we called in to Araluen Botanic Park, and walked around, then drove around that park.
Tomorrow we go out to Steve and Louise's place for a night at Wandi, and get the van ready to leave. We probably won't be plugged in , and will spend
early hay rakeearly hay rakeearly hay rake

lift it every so often so bundles can be tied in sheaves
time with them, so I thought I would update this tonight.
We look forward to catching up with family and friends in NZ. and will return to Perth in February to continue on around OZ.
Hope all who receive this blog have a Happy Xmas, and a great New Year.
Cheers Lynne and Chris


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



26th November 2009

See you soon
Have a safe trip home, looking forward to catching up again.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb